Friday, 11 November 2011

November 11th 2011- Remembrance Day, Lost Song Lyrics and Clubbing

I feel so bad right now. Yesterday after planning to post some old song lyrics and poetry I've been writing over the years I asked you guys if you'd like to see it and your answer was a resounding "I'd love to see it," kind of thing. Well, after a good half an hour of searching it's turned out I've lost my lyric book somehow! It's such a horrible feeling to have lost almost everything you've ever written it really is, in fact I'm away here for one last look right now!

As expected that was a huge waste of time... I'm covered in dust, my room is a mess and I'm pretty frustrated because I still can't find these lyrics! Damnit! The man himself, Jim Morrison once burned all of the lyrics he'd been writing as a teenager and said it was important for him to do this as he could never truly write new and better stuff and improve himself if he hadn't and although that may be true it gives me little comfort right now considering my new lyrics are all shockingly terrible! I've got a lot of ground to cover and most of these lyrics are unpostable but I've got one set here that aren't too bad so I'll post them. It's from a song I call If You Don't Speak and like I say the lyrics aren't great:

Ride the waves again
Feel the tide my friend
Say guys are all of the same


I'm near the lion's den
Waiting for the end
Love I'm tired of your games


If you don't speak, then I can't understand
I can't hear the thoughts deep in your mind
If you don't speak, I won't know what you've planned
Because I can't see a vision that's blind 


I'm back to where I came 
Where thoughts are bland and plain
This is where I belong


There's no one else to blame
When you're feeling sane
I know for once I was wrong



Though if you don't speak, then I can't understand
I can't hear the thoughts deep in your mind
If you don't speak, I won't know what you've planned
Because I can't see a vision that's blind 


Look into my eyes
My delirious eyes, my deadly serious eyes


I'm tired of all of these lies
From your mischievous eyes, your deadly devious eyes 


Though if you don't speak, then I can't understand
I can't hear the thoughts deep in your mind
If you don't speak, I won't know what you've planned
Because I can't see a vision that's blind 


It's not great I know. Hopefully I'll find my other lyrics soon! Anyway, I want to briefly mention the fact it's Remembrance Day over here and Veteran's Day in the USA (it all means the same I think.) Now I'm unable to accurately and tastefully post exactly what makes days such as this so important for us like Al did this morning in this post but I realise that without the sacrifices of those brave men and women in those wars none of us would be here today free the way we are and we must never forget that. We must never forget the bravery, the loyalty and the sheer courage these men gave for us and the courage they're still giving for us in their endeavours presently and with days like this we won't. So wear your poppy with pride today as I'm sure most people will and remember not just the sacrifices of the British soldiers but the sacrifices of all soldiers worldwide who have fought for our freedom.

On a change of pace, I'm going clubbing to the big city tonight and I am pumped! I'm going up with a few friends and getting absolutely hammered somewhere and I think it's going to be a good one, I honestly can't wait. I've said before that this isn't my kind of thing but I've never been with these close friends before so I actually think it's going to be pretty damn cool. All of this drinking and drugging has been ruining my positive gym work though so after this weekend I am certainly going to do my best to put all of my effort back into that because there's nothing more important than your body and sometimes we need to sacrifice fun in order to get a perfect body. I need to work out today for the first time since Monday and it's absolutely going to kill me so wish me luck! Wish me luck tonight too, hopefully I'll have some good stories to blog about my weekend come Sunday morning. Anyway, have a great weekend guys, I hope it's as fun and enjoyable as possible!

Oh yeah and people were impressed yesterday at how fast a typist I am which is pretty cool. Today this post was done in about 15 minutes so once again I guess that's pretty cool, especially considering searching time! Have a good weekend once again everybody, ciao ciao.

23 comments:

  1. The more I blog the faster I type! As for the lost lyrics they may show up some day, I lost a bunch of my art years ago then found it months later at the bottom of a box I thought was full of old clothes! When ever I lose something now I think of the Sherlock Holmes story where everyone is looking for an incriminating letter in a mans house (tearing up walls to find it) and Holmes finds it by turning a letter on the desk inside out and finding the other letter hidden on the flip side! Your note book could be mixed with other notebooks inside notebooks or in some other room of your house!
    I like the lyrics you posted they where pretty good! But it does sound heavilly effected by a girl (you may have been dealing with resently!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be really good at time management :)

    as for me, posting usually will take me an hour before publishing it. lol

    as for the lyrics, I think it's pretty cool.

    this line right here "Though if you don't speak, then I can't understand" is the exact line I wanna throw to someone who always presume that I will just understand things since he believes that "actions speak louder than words" it's true right? but don't you think that actions should also be explain in words to be understood and not to be misinterpreted, aye? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rhyming lyrics and I just go at it and then post, takes about 15 minutes or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the lyrics..it's a brave thing to reveal what one writes, so well done you!!b I hope you have a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should find some musicians to work with and put these lyrics to music. Do you hear a melody in your head when you write them? Going out clubbing and getting smashed on a weekend is a normal thing to do at your age. Just don't climb behind the wheel drunk. Have a good one Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lyrics and agree with Anne that you should meet with some musicians to collaborate! All in all Matthew, I think you are a fantastic writer. Whether it may be a book, magazine, newspaper, or lyrics, you write extremely well! Hope you find your lyrics book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, it takes me forever to type up a blog post due to editing, re-phrasing and hunting for appropriate images to use in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lyrics are great actually. They rhyme and actually a meaning :p
    I love clubbing in the big city too :) enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great jobs, it sound good, clear and poetic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed that, good luck on finding the rest of your lyrics, I can't stand losing things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah we want to here about all the girls you hooked up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool lyrics, it would be awesome to see what it would sound like with music. Hope you have fun tonight! I'm working out tonight, trying to be good and not drink as I'm also trying to get in shape. Have a good weekend :)

    erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only lyrics I ever lost were those dirty limericks that Sister Marie Ignatius snatched away from me during the "St. Timothy and the Metric System" lecture.
    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is nice lyrics, thanks for the share


    visit here, my blog, 2peeeps health and fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Jim Morrison trick for new material is genius I think

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol WOW that is an incredibly fast pace!!! You must be some sort of genius.

    On another note, I loved those lyrics!! Do you have a tune to match?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw man that sucks losing your lyrics book man hope you find it or remember the lyrics soon. The lyrics were still good imo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where did you go last night? I want to hear all about the night (the parts you remember) and how the hangover is this morning!
    I like the lyrics. Very telling.

    ReplyDelete