Friday, 20 January 2012

20th January 2012- Dublin, Chinos and Dreams

 Time of Sunset- 4:37

It's just over one am here and unsurprisingly at this time of the night I'm pretty irritated. See tomorrow was supposed to be a very quiet, dull day. All I was supposed to do was lie around the house, exercise and that was it but in the last twenty minutes or so I've found out that my parents are going to Dublin. For some reason that really hit me hard, the thought of being alone. I knew if they left myself alone in the house all day tomorrow I'd be sorely tempted to and would most likely end up buying a big twenty pack of smokes and smoking myself silly all day long. Hell, talking about it is getting me excited, I just know if I'm alone tomorrow I'll give into temptation so I guess I'm going to Dublin.

All the same I am irritated though. I had planned on doing a really long post on Friday afternoon replying to the questions the awesome Becca from everyday life has asked me and 10 others in her most recent blog post as well as getting some much needed sleep (I sound so lazy right? I feel it too!) but now I'm going to Dublin instead because I'm afraid of being left alone in the house in case I smoke a cigarette! Damn my life is pathetic as of right now haha! It irritates me because we're not even going down there to visit our cousins Peter, Linda or Rosemary, we're just going for a drive, they're just going for some kind of drive.

I also wanted to talk about Belfast today which was pretty awesome. We did a whole lot of shopping, got some Nandos, then shopped a bit more which was cool, I mean fair enough I enjoyed myself. I didn't buy much though, only a pair of jeans and these innovative new cool things called chinos which are just really different kinds of trousers that are considered stylish. Hell, since I bought a pair of white ones, here's a photo of me wearing them. It's all leg and no face so don't worry:


See, these are Chinos. They're supposed to be cool but what do you guys think? I love the white, white suits me although it's more of a Summer colour in my opinion but yeah.

I'm so sorry this is short but like I say I really need sleep and stuff like that as quickly as possible since we have a 10 am start, I'm even in such a rush I forgot to add my sunset feature which I'll do now. Okay, that's it done. I'm going to have to finish up now although before doing so I just want to note a suspicious dream I had last night since this is my journal. In the dream my dad was basically a gangster who was dealing drugs and I had to help him by travelling undetected to the house of a friend of his with a huge, and I mean huge bag of cocaine.Ultimately I succeeded in the task although I unsurprisingly feigned for the drug throughout the dream which was irritating to say the least. Anyway I had better go. I won't be able to post until Sunday since soccer then bar is on the agenda on Saturday although I'm resolving not to drink so maybe I could post when I get home, I'm not sure? If I post on Sunday hungover I want all you guys to punish me by unfollowing or something, I'll be so mad if I can't go the night without drinking, being Irish sucks at times when you have all the expectations you don't want to fulfil such as being a boozer haha!  But anyway, have a good night guys and have a great Friday and weekend, ciao ciao!

Matthew

21 comments:

  1. Love the chinos. Sorry your day was kind of wrecked, but I hope you have a good time on the drive. It must be hard not drinking at the bar, but I hope your team wins and you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never know Dublin could be fun, least you avoid a cigarette run. And damn that being Irish and drunk thing, maybe you shoud go against the system..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking cool, i wish i could visit dublin it sounds fun !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is good that you are going to Dublin tomorrow and if this is what it takes to quell your desire to puff up so be it. You can always take that day to exercise, lounge around the house say...next week? Oh and nice chinos :) I think I'd like to see an outfit post from you Matthew :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig that shirt...not the pants so much. I'm more of a black/grey/blue jeans type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic and I like the trousers. Anything to dress up and make yourself feel better is always good. And I always think men should dress well, although my husband always wears black as he loves the colour or grey, it looks fantastic on him. I think being dressed nicely is good and wear it with confidence as you look fab!! And it's good to go to Dublin to avoid smoking, maybe its a sign ;-) You will get stronger and stronger with it each time!! Just take the time to have some fun in Dublin and don't worry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Matthew,

    Sounds like you had a great time shopping...good for you, for deciding to go!

    Weird dream...i, too, have had some very strange ones about my parents.....

    Have a great weekend and make sure to enjoy yourself!

    Take best of Care,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS i'm sorry i havent done your blog questions yet...i wish i could draw. i shall have to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great that you didn't want to smoke so much so that you went on the trip with them. That's really amazing and you should be commended. Love the pants and that shirt looks nice too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clothes suit you. As for not drinking, try it, but if you do don't beat yourself up about it. People all over the world love to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the drive's not as bad as you expect and that you feel good about making the right decision for yourself.
    In the states there's a "rule" to not wear white after Labor Day. I never understood that. It's always after Labor Day, when it's not Labor Day that is. Plus white's nice. I just hardly wear it because I'm such a slob. It goes straight into the laundry basket every time.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the rule was to not wear PANTS after Labor Day. Crap. No wonder the neighbors called the cops.

      Delete
  12. they look good on you but fashion really isn't my thing so i wouldn't trust me to much

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to more..


    +following

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sucks man, it isn't easy to quit smoking completely. Takes a lot of willpower and self control to do so. Best of luck and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a good day going to Dublin. I'm just getting on Blogger for the first time since Thursday and wanted to stop and say hello and read your post. I know how you feel about knowing if you're left along, you'll smoke. I thing cigs are the hardest addiction to beat. Hope the weekend it good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How weird. I live next to a town called Dublin. And I had a dream last night that they were all wearing chinos.
    Well, that's not exactly true. Thwe dudes were weariong chinos. The women? Not so much.
    Alright, I'm fibbing.
    But, the next town over IS called Dublin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's quite the coincidence buddy. I'm glad that dream never happened. It would be weird if you dreamed every night about the things I was going to blog about before I posted, you'd have some really sweet powers going on there!

      Delete