Friday, 30 August 2013

30th August 2013- Blogging Anniversary, Two Years and The Future

Obviously with the first day of September coming up in two days time we're closing in on a depressing but important milestone that sees the end of Summer and the beginning of Autumn (or Fall for my American friends) but like myself I'm guessing not many people realised that I actually passed an important milestone myself 13 days ago...

I really should stop with the dramatic interlude because if you read the title first you'll already know that 13 days ago marked my two year anniversary of blogging over here and I think that it's a big landmark, despite the fact that for some reason I didn't actually realise that myself. I don't think I'd have realised it at all if my blogging friend Damien hadn't written this post about celebrating his two year anniversary recently which reminded me that since I'd joined Blogger at the same sort of time as Damien that my anniversary must have came up as well which turned out to be right.

It's crazy that two years have passed since I opened this blog, that also means that I've actually been following and commenting on some people's blogs for at least a year and a half and possibly soon to be two years and that's incredible. I'm blessed to have met so many lovely people and had some amazing commenters on my blog over the years. Some people have came and went after touching my life in various aspects and others who have done the same are still here and I love you guys for that.

This blog has seen me write about tooth pain over ten times, it's seen me join university, leave university, be unemployed for eight months then finding work again. It's seen me write about how my grandmother fell ill and eventually about her passing in February, it's seen me complain about girls, do various features which all seemed to not last very long, it's documented some of the lowest moments of my life and also some of the happiest. It's seen me fall back into addiction to tramadol and then claw myself out of it time and time again and it's seen me post countless links to my Twitter account @heathyheath_ in the hope that some extra people will follow me again and again.

I owe this blog a lot because it's given me a chance to write and to vent for free and I'm so appreciative for that. I hope to continue doing the same for the considerable future too. My passion for writing may and does wane at times but even if it got to the point I was posting once every three months I'd still always be around to keep up to date with the people I follow because they're important to me and I love their blogs. I've written 444 posts on here though and like I've said I get a real rush from it so don't worry about me leaving any time soon. 444 posts is a lot of time spent writing and if I had that much passion for writing in general then my life probably would be in a much better position than it is now. Pretty exciting that at some point in the future, probably in 2014 I'll be writing my 500th post and then probably in 2017 my 1000th but that's another story for another time.

But anyway that's my dedication post to my own creation (which sounds egotistical haha) finished off with and like I say thank you. Because without my readers, without seeing that now over 60,000 people have viewed my blog and without my lovely commenters then I probably wouldn't have stuck around so long so thank you for everything guys.

Matthew

14 comments:

  1. You've come a very long way since that first post...you've grown and matured in many many ways & you'll continue to do so :) Am glad you've had this blog to vent and ponder...I hope it will go on for even longer :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 2 year dedication to your blog. I'm six months in nd I can't imagine wat it will be like after two years..

    Here's to another two years of growth, writing and free therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on two years of blogging! It's been great reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two years is quite a big achievement man. I've been around for a fair bit of it and I've been around nearly two years myself and much like yourself I have come to know a great many people. They might leave but there was a time they were there and I can't deny that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, Matthew!
    I'm happy I've been around for quite a bit of it.
    While I lament the end of summer, I'm excited to finally be done with dealing with my effin' pool. I drain the sucker and cover it in a few days.
    Plus, I get to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on two, sure you'll get to 1000 one day at your zoo, by 2017, I'll be going for 3000, maybe haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary. I love coming here and and reading all your thoughts and adventures.
    Hope that you continue writing for a long time to come

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for sticking around. It's more difficult to be a dedicated blogger than a lot of people think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the blog milestones ~ Kudos to your spirit & cheers for more ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, that's such a great milestone, Matt! Happy 2nd Year Blog Anniversary to you!! :) And I hope you continue blogging, it's a joy reading your thoughts and letting us take a peak into your life, good or bad, they're all amazing to be a part of. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been lax in posting this year and have even thought about packing it in but it's blogs like yours that keep me interested. Keep chronicling your life Matt, it is important to us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So proud of you! Keep it up!

    Happy 2nd blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary to you too! My blog has seen me fail at getting an internship, celebrate my 4 year anniversary with a woman I loved, get my heart broken by that same woman, experience the stress of University, the pain of job hunting, and more recently get a job.

    I'm still around Matt, and I intend on sticking around.

    ReplyDelete